The main differential features as compared with other marketing tools are: 1. Essential commercial tool: brings together offer and demand in one place and at the same time, facilitating meetings and exchange (quality public) 2. Providing the ideal conditions for personal contacts, making products accessible and allowing us to judge customers' reactions. 3. Perfect backdrop with all players, both exhibitors and trade buyers, in the right frame of mind. Trade fairs are now BUSINESS CENTRES in terms of commercial transactions and because they are neuralgic centres for forms of relating within an industry. Agreeing on joint ventures and common strategies, international cooperation actions, market research and product testing are just some of the activities that take place during a trade fair.
Trade fairs are second in the ranking of effectiveness in sales, just behind direct sales force (according to a report from the USA in 1998 by CEIR, Center for Exhibition Industry Research). Given their differentiating features, trade fairs are a marketing tool boosting and accelerating sales.
2. SAVING COSTS:
Taking part at a trade fair can save costs, thanks to two reasons: The concentration of buyers and suppliers in the one place. Multiple marketing actions can be implemented at once: sales force, advertising, promotion, public relations and market research.
3. SOURCE OF INFORMATION:
According to a study carried out by the Simmons Market Research Bureau (1997), trade fairs are the most effective way of gathering information: Trade fairs provide an excellent two-way flow of information (supplier-client and vice versa). Trade fairs are the ideal forum to debate issues of concern and analyse new trends with other professionals from the industry.
1. Feria Valencia is the veteran exhibition centre in Spain, and has been an international and national leader ever since it was founded.
2. Feria Valencia is the leading exhibition centre in Spain in: exhibition area, services, number of professionals events, number of international events, the biggest and most prestigious professional trade events in Spain, etc.
3. Feria Valencia is a dynamic, innovative institution evolving with the new needs and circumstances of the market: constantly renewing its offer with the creation of new fairs and adapting existing ones to the changing conditions of the industry in question.
4. A participative management model that combines the know-how of the business sector coming from the direct involvement of entrepreneurs from the sector with Feria Valencia's experience in managing and organizing trade events.
5. A privileged location on the axis of greatest development in the Mediterranean. Besides, Valencia has unbeatable modern infrastructures connecting it with the rest of Spain and Europe.
6. After the recent refurbishment and extension plan Feria Valencia is now the biggest and best exhibition centre in Spain: 230,000 m² of exhibition area designed with cutting-edge architectural criteria responding to exhibitor and visitor needs.
7. Feria Valencia is an urban trade fair venue, at just 5 kilometres from the city centre of Valencia, and is making ongoing investments in access to ensure easier and better access for exhibitors and visitors.
8. The ISO 9002 Quality Certificate vouches for the professionalism and the excellence of Feria Valencia, the first exhibition centre in Spain to earn this certificate from AENOR.
BEFORE THE FAIR: for further information on the services described above or if you have other specific needs, please contact the fair directly. They will be delighted to inform you about the procedures, deadlines and other info of interest.
DURING THE FAIR: If you need to resolve any issue concerning services you have contracted, please contact our Customer Attention Dept.: 963 861 313. Before the fair begins, you will receive a letter with a list of useful telephone numbers which you can ring to resolve any problems that might arise.
1. "We've been exhibiting at IBERFLORA for many years and it is an absolutely crucial event in our annual agenda. Given its prestige in the industry, for us IBERFLORA is a tool and a business platform that we could not do without. Taking part in the fair accounts, either directly or indirectly, for a large percentage of our annual turnover, with sales coming from contacts made during the fair" 2. "Until a few years ago, we targeted the domestic market almost exclusively with some incursions into neighbouring countries. When we started to exhibit at MADERALIA a whole new perspective opened up for us. We begun to export to many other countries. Thanks to the international profile of the fair, we gradually opened up emerging markets where we are now enjoying considerable success" 3. "The huge amount of trade buyers who travel to CEVISAMA from all over the world, and not just Spain itself, makes it easy to contact lots of potential clients that would be extremely difficult or costly otherwise" 4. "Because we are a relatively small company we are unable to take on the risk of introducing ourselves in a market as far away and unknown as Taiwan. We would never had imagined exporting to this country if it were not for FIM (International Furniture Fair) where we made contact with a local company with whom we established a commercial agreement." 5. "We go to TEXTILHOGAR every year to show our existing and potential clients our new introductions. TEXTILHOGAR is our main springboard and showcase. For us it is a unique opportunity to check out the competition, make new contacts and show what we are doing" 6. "FIAM is such a representative fair that everybody seriously interested in the industry turns up. This annual contact with the leading brands and manufacturers in the market gives us invaluable information that allows us to get an overview of the competition and it helps us evaluate our own position"
Organising your participation in a trade fair is a complex business, given the need to plan, integrate, co-ordinate and control a large number of elements. For this reason, it is advisable to begin the process with plenty of time before the actual event in order to guarantee the effectiveness of your company's participation at the fair. Below we have made up a number of checklists. These will help you with deadlines and steps to take. If you have any doubts please contact the fair.
STEP 1: Approximately 8 months before the fair
Procedures with the trade fair organization (consult deadlines with the fair):
Request the documentation for taking part as an exhibitor, fill in and return the application form for reserving space.
NOTE: In certain fairs, the deadline for inscription must be made 9 months in advance
Apply for any subsidies and assistance for which your company may be eligible.
NOTE: There are subsidies from Autonomous Regions (Ministry of Innovation and Competitiveness in the Comunidad Valenciana). Besides, ICEX administers subsidies for exporting companies. For further information, contact Feria Valencia or directly with the respective organizations.
Stand: Choose a decorator and/or installer to be responsible for the stand
COMMUNICATION: Define a communication and promotion plan
HUMAN RESOURCES: Inform the corresponding staff in your company
BUDGET: Prepare a detailed budget
STEP 2: Approximately 5 months before the fair
Administrative procedures with the organisation of the fair:
Contract insurance (theft, fire, transport, etc.)
Check the location of the stand
Check the characteristics of the stand (bear in mind your goals and the available budget, the material to be exhibited and Feria Valencia regulations)
Material to be exhibited: Prepare the material (adaptations, production) and the necessary technical and commercial documentation.
Promotional material: Prepare samples and promotional material (either existing or prepare new material).
Plan transport and travelling, accommodation and expenses.
Train staff attending the stand.
STEP 3: Approximately 4 months before the fair
Administrative procedures with the organisation of the fair:Register the company in the exhibitors' catalogue and contract advertising space (consult deadlines with the person responsible for the fair).
Other procedures:Prepare goods despatch documentation
Stand: Supervision of the stand (decorative elements, furniture, contracting of supplies, etc.)
Transport: Establish transport logistics.
COMMERCIAL: Prepare price lists (CIF, FOB, etc.)
HUMAN RESOURCES: Make transport and accommodation reservations.
Advertising: Contract advertising in specialised press, indicating the location of the company's stand at Feria Valencia.
Supervise the production of printed material: brochures, catalogues, visiting cards, etc.
Press Office: Produce a press dossier.
BUDGET: Review the budget and check for deviations.
STEP 4: Approximately 2-3 months before the fair
Administrative procedures with the organisation of the fair:
To evaluate your participation at the fair, you need to reflect on the results obtained and adopt corrective measures for future editions if necessary:
Participation at a trade fair should not be improvised. Specific objectives must be set and all activities to be carried out must be planned with sufficient time
Exhibiting at a trade is an investment which requires sufficient resources (human, material and financial) to achieve targets.
The profitability and success of taking part in a trade fair must not be measured solely by volume of sales obtained. Other benefits must also be evaluated, although they may be difficult to quantify in economic terms.
The results must not be measured solely in the short term, given that efforts often bear fruit in the medium to long term. In the case of sales, in addition to evaluating the volume realised at the fair itself, you must also bear in mind the sales generated once the fair has concluded as a result of the commercial contacts established during the fair.
The results of taking part do not finish when the fair itself closes. Once the fair is over, there must be a personalised commercial follow-up, together with an evaluation of the information gathered.
Review the fair marketing strategy:
Promotion prior to the fair
The insertion of publicity in the fair catalogue. Once the fair is over, commercial contacts will come from the information in the catalogue.
Stand:Decoration and size of stand
Human resources: The stand must be manned by experienced staff
Design and use of methods of compiling information on visitors